The recent murmurings from some segments of the press coupled with Boris Johnson’s vehement denial that he plans to return to the House of Commons to amount a leadership challenge to Old Bullingdon Club pal David Cameron, begs the question if Max Webber’s third and arguably most controversial influence on authority (Theory of Power) is once again prevalent in the UK:
- Charismatic authority - is based on the charisma of a public figure, who demonstrates the possession of the right to lead by virtue of magical powers, prophecies, heroism, and the like. Their followers respect their right to lead because of thier unique qualities (charisma), not because of any tradition or legal rules.
1. Apple iPhone 5 launch is tarnished once with more technical errors as the new Maps App is plagued with inaccuracies and misplaced towns
2. Inflation eases to 2.5% in August, in spite of rising petrol prices as retailers slash clothing prices in a bid to tempt the shoppers
3. MD Medical Group, one of
’s private health providers, looks to the London Stock Exchange for an Initial Public Offering with the intention to raise $150 millon Russia
4. Banker’s bonuses hit the headlines as figures released show workers in the finance sector take home more than one-third of
’s bonus pot whilst only making up 4% of the workforce Britain
5. Stockwatch: Apple – shares break the $700 barrier this week for the first time as the iPhone 5 pre-order sales smash previous sales record.
· We hosted three excellent Market Lunches this week, including two sector focused ones on Resources and Life Sciences, with many compliments to the Abchef!
· Abchaps were out in force at the CIPR Breakfast Seminar to discuss whether social media has any place in corporate communications (yes it does!)
· Jo took guests from Cavendish, Canaccord Genuity and Pinsent Mason to watch
Chelsea draw 2-2 with Juventus at Stamford Bridge
· We welcomed WG Partners to our offices for a meet and greet with the teams
· Abchaps attended great conferences this week including AdTech London, Exploring the Opportunities in
and Thought Leadership Quarterly’s launch China
Altium has brought in Aksana Pekun to head the technology department in
Susan Harwood has become a partner at Stephenson Harwood, specialising in restructuring
In honour of Marte, here on secondment from our Norwegian IPREX partner Consilio, ….“Aksje” = a share/ stock, pronounced “Okshah”
See some classic films under the stars at Kensington Roof Gardens, where Funny Face and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes are screening on Monday 24th September
The London Look contemporary photography exhibition is on at the
until next Sunday 30th Horniman Museum
Somerset House hosts London Fashion Weekend featuring designer shopping and the catwalk experience
Follow us on Twitter @AbchurchComms